Are you afraid of planning a vacation because of how expensive it may get? We’ve compiled a short list from Budget Travel’s 10 Best Budget Vacations in America. If you would like to save a little cash, here are five budget-friendly vacations:
- Make yourself at home in paradise in Taos, New Mexico with its surrounding mountains and beautiful art. From one of the nation’s oldest settlements to cruising down the Rio Grande, there’s a lot to do in this cool area.
- Stay in one of the low key areas of Montana, where you can visit Yellowstone National Park and possibly spot bears, moose or other animals along with enjoying 1,000 miles of trails.
- Take a road trip to one of the Southeast’s favorite destinations, Tennessee and North Carolina’s Great Smokey Mountains. With an amusement park and hiking trails for all, you can’t go wrong with this Southern treasure.
- Love the big city feel? Chicago offers tons of free sightseeing, such as the iconic “Bean” sculpture. And, GSP offers nonstop flights to this fun destination.
- Take a trip to a city that is basically in your backyard, South Carolinians. Myrtle Beach hosts an array of activities. Or, you can just bring your towel and sunscreen and soak up the free beach sun.
Check out more budget-friendly vacations here.