Don’t forget to pack your favorite reusable water bottle the next time you are traveling through GSP! We already have three Halsey Taylor bottle filling stations installed around the airport, and we will have a total of six by the end of construction.
Primarily located near our water fountains and restrooms, you will be able to find a bottle filling station in the following locations at GSP:
– On A concourse across from Gate A4 (installed)
– On B concourse across from Gate B4 (installed)
– North end of ticketing near the elevators/escalators (installed)
– Near the South End elevators/escalators (coming soon!)
– 2 units in the future Grand Hall post security (coming soon!)
According to the Container Recycling Institute, a non-profit organization dedicated to reducing the environmental impact of beverage containers, Americans buy an estimated 28 billion single-serving plastic water bottles each year, with at least 8 out of 10 ending up in a landfill or incinerator. Not only do plastic water bottles cause unnecessary trash, the manufacturing process also uses a significant amount of natural resources, such as oil.
In light of the growing concern about bottled water waste, coupled with travelers wanting to save money these bottle filling stations offer a great way to save money, help the environment and stay hydrated while traveling!
Thirst no more, and happy travels!
– The Terminal