As we start the New Year, we hope everyone has had a wonderful and thriving 2016, and we’d like to take the time to reflect on what WINGSPAN has accomplished and what the future ahead may look like.
We’d like to start by thanking everyone from the workforces bringing WINGSPAN to life to our travelers who flew during our many phases of construction. Since 2012,WINGPSAN has been in motion to improve various aspects of the airport and much has happened in the past four years. Today, we’d like to highlight our biggest accomplishments in 2016:
PHASE 1: Enabling Work and Baggage Claim Renovations
Enabling Projects Include:
- Rental Car Customer Center relocation
- Concourse A & B expansion of restrooms and food, beverage and retail concessions
- Construction of the North Wing for temporary airline facilities
- Utility and infrastructure relocation
Baggage Claims Renovations Include:
- New baggage claim carousels
- Construct canopy on curbside for loading and unloading in front baggage claim
- Covered walkways to parking garages
- New glass front on terminal
PHASE 2: Building Core Construction
Enhance interior area with state-of-the-art equipment and amenities.
- Grand Hall Development including new food, beverage, and retail concessions area
- Renovation of the existing ticketing lobby
- New Customer Service booths
- New Landside Garden
- New baggage screening equipment and facilities
- Security Checkpoint consolidation and relocation
- Concourse A and B renovation
This list could go on and on, for example, we have had multiple artist installations in 2016. In 2017, we hope to see Phase three of WINGPSAN completed:
PHASE 3: Project Wrap-Up
Complete administrative updates for final phase of improvements.
- Construction of the new Administrative Office for Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport
- Construction of the Conference Center
We are so proud of our accomplishments and are excited for what is in store in 2017! We hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and has a good start to your year.
Until next year,